Sunday, April 7, 2013

We only have what we give.

It's an accomplishing feeling when I get told that I've helped someone with a problem they have, or just a listening ear for them, a shoulder to lean on. I've always been the listener in life. Maybe sometimes I'd be the talker because I doubt that I would be able to hold in all the feelings and thoughts that I have. Well, my main mission in life is to help others, and I'm pursuing a career as a doctor in the medical field, which requires helping people from the heart. I guess helping and listening to others runs in my blood~ I could never imagine not helping someone who genuinely needed aid.

“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” 
― Charles Dickens

I've never been too busy to listen to someone's pain, joy, or anger. I don't know how many people there are out there that actually listen to others, but I continuously hear about how someone didn't think someone else would actually listen. Why do we live in a world in which we are afraid to share our feelings? We need to care about others; we are useless if we only think of ourselves.

So, I challenge you to either confide in someone else, or listen to someone's story. It's kind of a win-win situation. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment